Sue Rainsford has been continuously employed in the immigration industry for more than thirty years providing advice and assistance regarding Australia’s visa options and application requirements to a diverse range of companies and individuals.
From December 1986 to October 1996 Sue worked for three commercial immigration practises in Sydney successfully handling immigration casework for numerous clients. From November 1996 to December 2000 Sue helped establish and manage an immigration practice in two large global professional services firms. In December 2000 Sue resigned from her role in Sydney to return to Melbourne to establish her own immigration practice.
Since January 2001 Sue has managed her own consultancy assisting Australian and international businesses with the temporary and permanent movement of people to Australia, liaising with clients and various government authorities to ensure effective and timely visa issue. Clients have ranged from large corporations and their senior representatives, to family-sized companies and individuals who require assistance with an immigration application.
During her career Sue has been involved in handling nearly all types of Australian immigration applications excluding visas granted under the Refugee and Humanitarian Program. Areas of specialisation include:
- Economic visa categories covering the Employer Sponsored and Distinguished or Global Talent visas;
- Family Migration including Partners and Parents;
- Temporary Residents covering economic and non-economic visa categories including the 482 Temporary Skill Shortage visa, the 457 Work visa, Occupational Trainees and New Zealand Family members;
- Visitors and Working Holiday Makers; and
- Inbound and Outbound Travel Exemptions.